HANDS FREE PRODUCTS FOR GROUND POUNDERS

>> Thursday, May 12, 2011


Sitting on a sand bar night fishing during the summer is one of the most relaxing times I can think of except for the bugs. I HATE MOSQUITOES!

The main drawback to night fishing is the bugs. You have to turn on a light to bait up or to unhook a fish. The little night marauders zero in on my tender flesh and devour my blood. I have tried a number of insect repellents but they have to be reapplied and I seem to always forget until I am half eaten up before it dawns on me that it is time to spray.

The appliance has no smell in addition to being 98% effective. I do not think any spray can make that claim.

The times they are a changing. I have acquired two products from the ThermaCELL Company thanks to the recent Association of Great Lakes Outdoor Writers spring Cast & Blast event. During the opening evening dinner, members of the corporate outdoor community presented those in attendance a number of their products to test.

Tom Hamlin, of ThermaCELL, showed me the newest version of their mosquito repelling device. He also had a new product to their line, and all purpose Swivel Light. It clips to the hat bill, to the ThermaCELL Appliance, or on your belt. The 8 LED bulbs produce either a white or green light. You can switch from one color to the other.

Between these two products I think I will have a good time night fishing this year. As I see it, I can turn on the ThermaCELL Appliance and have protection in 2 minutes and full 15 X 15 foot protection in about 10 minutes. Couple that with placing the Swivel Light on the bill of my hat and turning on the white light, and I can bait up and cast out before sitting back to relax.

With a fish-on, I can land it, unhook the fish and re-bait and cast out again with no bugs.

At the end of the evening’s activity, I can pack up and head back to the car. The appliance goes in a pocket size holster so it will provide protection to the car and/or the fishing cleaning station. The light illuminates the way and can also be kept on to provide light for cleaning fish. NEAT.

This is a ground pounder’s delight.

Don Gasaway – The Ground Pounder

www.dongasaway.wordpress.com

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP